Subject: [Leica] Digital cameras with large aperture lenses
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sat Mar 19 12:58:07 2005

Adam, I'm with you.... sounds like a better explanation would be more
satisfying....

There is an interaction between image circle and F-Stop in LF lenses ( the
smaller the lens opening ( F-Stop) the bigger the image circle made by the
lens)... But this applies to only certain lenses of specific design.
Effectively, the lens outermost image circle gets bigger and also
sharpens....  But again, with respect to lenses that cover the 1x1 1/2 area,
then used on a smaller sensor, this sounds like not the answer that makes
sense...

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Okay - I STILL don't understand what you say is happening.

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Digital cameras with large aperture lenses)