Subject: [Leica] 5 year old's first camera??
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Thu Mar 17 15:14:31 2005

Eric,

My daughter's first camera was given to her on her fifth birthday by
an aunt, and it was a disposable film camera.  She was absolutely
delighted with it at first...  She was then *VERY* upset when it
didn't come back after having the film developed!  If you're going to
go this route, make sure your son knows that he won't get it back
again unless Daddy buys him another one!

We bought my son his first "proper" camera for his ninth birthday and
went the digital P&S route.  He's still very happy with it.

Simon.