Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 292
From: langhans at compwrx.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Thu Mar 17 05:32:06 2005

> Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 00:59:43 EST
> From: Grduprey@aol.com
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Gray market
> To: lug@leica-users.org
>
> In a message dated 3/16/2005 2:08:21 PM Central Standard Time,
> feli2@earthlink.net writes:
> So, if you purchase a used item that was originally purchased grey, you
> are out of luck if it needs to be serviced, even if it's out of
> warranty and you are willing to pay?
>

> Feli
>
> I do know that Leica USA will fix the grey market item, but will charge
> you
> for the repair, as they do not honor the grey market warranty slip.  Like
> it
> was said though, Nikon  USA will not touch it either way if it is a grey
> market
> purchase.
>
> Gene

  And I know from first hand experience that Leica Germany will honor the
international warranty on US Gray market cameras.  They fixed my R8 under
warranty in two weeks.  I did have a slight problem in the return.  It took
an additional two weeks plus for me to get it back AFTER they sent it back
via air.  Never could figure out where the camera was for that time after in
got to the US, but I don't think that was Leica's fault.  I'll just blame it
on homeland security......

Aram

Replies: Reply from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 292)