Subject: [Leica] The death of aardvarks
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Mar 16 16:13:16 2005

Thanks to everyone for your comments and recollections.

I had to take the pictures standing by a tall slatted fence, holding
the camera up as far as I could and pointing it in what I hoped was
the right direction, then bringing it down, looking at the preview,
and reshooting. A definite digital advantage.

I have passed this aviation junk yard for the past 15 years - but
always during mid-day and always in the middle of a 12 or 13 hour
drive. This time we stopped in Mojave over night so I had plenty of
time. A bypass was built around Mojave so the road is must less used
than it was in the past. I hurried because the sun was setting. Just
moments after I made the posted image the sun vanished.

Further east, on the west side of Barstow, there is a junk yard of
city buses that also is calling to me, some of them look pristine,
others well covered in graffitti - maybe taggers come there to
practice before displayng their skills in the real world? One wonders.

Adam