Subject: [Leica] Re:Billingham bags banned from u.s. domestic flights
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Mar 14 19:18:34 2005

Mark Rabiner said:
> To me arguing with cops is about the single dumbest thing you can ever do.
> There is no such thing as "logic" for a tired overworked cop.<<,,,

Hi Mark,
Having done time as a newspaper photographer, I'm with you 100 percent.

It doesn't matter what your rights are, or any of the "rules and
constitutional rights for your country"  DO NOT ARGUE WITH A COP!
It's a no win situation! You maybe right as all get out by law, but at the
moment of "discussion" you are going to be the looser, period!

Certainly if you are there to take pictures.

Don't argue, and whatever you do, do not use the "right for the public to
know" or for heaven sake never use........... "Freedom of the Press! The
public have a right to know or any other dumb ass words of such nature!"
Just shut up, move on, break out the 300mm lens, a couple of extenders and
circumnavigate the police line with long lens and extenders. Why? Well long
lenses aren't just for shooting sports! And it's much more successful!

And the chances are in any argument with a police officer........ you are
going to loose at the crucial moment! And the chances are, if you continue
to "word fight" your situation, you'll end up in the back seat of a cruiser
and your competition will shoot your ass off and have all the pictures!
While you're sucking the hind tit and not a frame to show for your
determination to shoot your mouth off iInstead of using your brains and
photo equipment!

I'm going to add, for heaven sake don't anyone come back to me with the dumb
ass argument about your constitutional rights etc! By law you are probably
correct, but arguing with a police officer at a high tension moment is pure
stupidity, save your breath and my reading time later. It doesn't wash in
the heat of a word battle! Trust me, been there done it more times than you
want to try!  No, I never won and finally started to use my brains! Then I
beat them everytime after that with photo equipment and a quiet approach!!
;-)

ted

Replies: Reply from driggett at mac.com (Christopher Driggett) ([Leica] Re:Billingham bags banned from u.s. domestic flights)