Subject: [Leica] looking at Pentax *istD
From: jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway)
Date: Mon Mar 14 02:45:28 2005

Steve:

Screw mount with K-mount adapter: aperture priority and manual exposure
and manual focus. The Manual-Auto sliding switch on Spotmatic era lenses
is very useful for focusing.

K-mount, same and also focus confirmation. Perhaps other features which
I haven't tried yet.

I've only used the Fisheye Takumar screw mount, haven't tried any of my
other screw mount lenses as I already have a bunch of current AF Pentax
lenses.

The brightness of my R8 and isDS viewfinders are the same except that
that of the R8 is cool and the isDS is warm. It's as easy to focus as is
the R8 and is brighter than Nikon and Canon offerings.

The isDS is a year newer and substantially less expensive than the isD,
$698.79 at buydig.com.  It's also a little smaller, and the controls are
a little different than those on the D.  Unlike Peter, I find them
equally professional feeling.

Jim

Replies: Reply from kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour) ([Leica] looking at Pentax *istD)
Message from juanbuhler at gmail.com (Juan Buhler) ([Leica] looking at Pentax *istD)