Subject: [Leica] OT: USB power scanners - recommondations?
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun Mar 13 17:25:48 2005

Does anyone on this list have any recommendations for USB powered scanners?

I've been asked to take a PowerBook into the field, working from the
back of my Element, and scan in plant samples that will be laid on the
bed of the scanner.

So the scanner has to be half-way decent.

Any thoughts? Obviously it needs to run under OS X but most new
scanners do these days. But it has to be powered from the USB buss
with no other external power supply.

Thanks!

Adam

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] OT: USB power scanners - recommondations?)