Subject: [Leica] Foto worth it
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Mar 13 07:30:42 2005

First off, Penn Station - Second off, it is indeed now illegal to
photograph in, around, or of the transit facilities. I had an assignment
to shoot people smoking, and one of the places I went to was the Port
Authority Bus terminal. I was hassled TWICE by cops and once by a cab
dispatcher while shooting people OUTSIDE the terminal. The cops were
surprisingly polite and nice about it, but not fooling around.

And, yes, it's ludicrous. The scary reality is that places like Penn
Station and Grand Central are entirely unprotected, and yet THEY worry
about someone taking photos.