Subject: [Leica] NYC: 1980
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Fri Mar 11 19:19:10 2005

You have just tripped over a new stumbling block put in the way of
all of us who  visit the City regularly.  All the old hotels, the
Gramercy, the Empire and the Mayflower, just to name three, are being
converted to condos.  What to do.?!  If you're going to be around for
at least a few days, I suggest you look into B&Bs.  There are quite a
few in the City now.  Many seem quite nice and they vary from
reasonable to pricey.  Start here:

http://www.bedandbreakfast.com/manhattan-new-york.html?

You might also check out:

http://www.hotels-ny.com/

Good luck!

>Now you mention it, I must put out another cry for help. I plan to
>be in NYC in early December (turning 50, time to hide away in the
>centre of our civilization) and had planned to stay at the Gramercy
>hotel: now on the www I find it has been closed. Where shall we go,
>which might be similar and not kill the credit card :-(

(snip)
--
Regards,

Dick