Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 268
From: pswango at att.net (pswango@att.net)
Date: Thu Mar 10 19:18:03 2005

On Mar 9, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Pramod Kotwal wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to buy a scanner to scan my 35 mm and
> medium format b/w and color fils as well as slides. I
> use a Leica IIIf and a Canon EOS for 35 mm and a Kiev

Hi Pramod.  I just bought an Epson 3170 refurbished directly from Epson for
$124.  I've been really happy with it, but it's hard to say if it would be
right for you without knowing more about your proposed workflow.  It doesn't
permit batch-scanning of a whole roll, for example (only 12 exp at a time in
35mm).  I've used it mostly on BW so far.  Some examples are here:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/Vietnam

These were scanned at 1200 dpi, which took about 1 min. per frame.  The
scanner takes film up to 6x9 cm. and of course is also a flatbed so it scans
print images as well as film.