Subject: [Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters
From: reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid)
Date: Wed Mar 9 21:29:56 2005

> but for me the press seems the only real way to get those FB suckers flat.

Trust me. I've used Seal dry mount presses for 40 years; I've probably dry
mounted 10,000 prints. Dry mount presses do not make anything flat. They
will help you get rid of wrinkles if you use them skilfully, but if your mat
isn't rigid enough to avoid curling, the dry mount press will make it worse
instead of better. To get them flat, put them under weights overnight.
Whether or not you've dry mounted them.

I'd ship you one of mine, but it wouldn't run on Oz mains, and the postage
would be enough to buy an M6.

Replies: Reply from brad at bradbrad.com (brad daly) ([Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters)
Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters)
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] Urgent advice please - mat cutters)