Subject: [Leica] Ansel
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Mar 7 15:58:58 2005

Well, first off - of course there were!

Second, I, too, would like to have a body of work so universally revered
- I would just hope that mine, like that of, say, W. Eugene Smith,
Robert Capa, Richard Avedon, or Henri Cartier-Bresson was worth being
revered. (And NO - I am not saying that I am worthy to have even carried
their equipment. ;-) )

The sad reality is that far, far, far more people revere the paintings
of Keene, or of Kincaid, than have even HEARD of the photographers I've
just mentioned. Universal veneration does not quality make.:-)