Subject: [Leica] DMR wins award
From: rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra)
Date: Mon Mar 7 12:20:56 2005

Saw this on another list.  The DMR won an award from the Digital
Imaging Marketing Association (DIMA).  Not exactly sure but I think the
category was 'Digital Back for Professional 35mm Camera that can still
use film'.  Slam dunked the competition!  Still, well done Leica.  It
looks like the DMR is just around the corner.

http://www.photoworkshop.com/double_exposure/publish/
LeicaWinsAwards.shtml

What really got my attention at the same site though is the new Digital
Rebel with 8 lotsapixies.  One view would be that other brands' entry
level consumer grade lightweight plastic SLRs are close to out-gunning
the DMR, for less than a quarter the cost.  I expect that everyone who
buys a DMR will be convinced that it offers more.  Hmm ....

Rick.

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re: DMR wins award)
Reply from bladman99 at yahoo.ca (Dan C) ([Leica] DMR wins award)
Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis Painter) ([Leica] DMR wins award)