Subject: [Leica] something wrong w/ HP5+?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Sat Mar 5 19:20:42 2005

> On Mar 5, 2005, at 5:00 PM, Richard wrote:
>
> > Or may be something is wrong with my workflow. To recap, M7, develop
> > using a Jobo with 5 min pre-rinse but otherwise recommended
> > development time. Lauder Chemical D76 clone, stock solution. Timing
> > gotten from www.digitaltruth.com. Then I scan the film in using Nikon
> > LS-4000 as BW neg with 14 bits-depth. ICE off.

I'm seeing film that looks about a stop, stop-and-a-half pushed...
which will block your highlights if they were already bright from the
lighting.

I supect your problem is using recommended time with a pre-rinse.
Pre-rinse is a good idea, but you need to cut the time back a bit
when you do it.   Also, I THINK but am not sure that you need to cut
the time when using a jobo as the agitation adds to the contrast and
grain.  It can be done successfully but it takes some tweaking, I
believe.  (I should note I've never used a jobo myself, being quite
content with Nikor tanks.  On the other paw I'm single so if I want
to spend the evening standing at the sink playing mad scientist there
are no undesirable ramifications to this.)

--

R. Clayton McKee                               www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                            rcmckee@rcmckee.com

Message from banacloj at mac.com (Juan Gea-Banacloche) ([Leica] something wrong w/ HP5+?)