Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG hams
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Sat Mar 5 14:52:21 2005

> I have to say that Collins may be the Leicas of Ham radios, but Ten-Tecs
> are not far behind.  Their customer service is great even for decades
> old equipment.
>
> Mike D

Was Hamerlund (sp?) a US product or European?  I did admire their receivers.
Since I mostly hung out on VHF, and had to finance my habit out of paper
route sales, Collins wasn't in the picture.  I started out with a
Hallicrafters SX-71 and a homebrew transmitter on 50mc.

There were several US gear manufacturers then that could be compared with
Leica for reliability and quality but none from Europe that I can think of.

JB

Message from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Re: LUG hams)