Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG hams
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Fri Mar 4 20:42:06 2005

In a message dated 3/4/2005 9:06:45 PM Central Standard Time,
durling@cox.net
writes:
I have to say that Collins may be the Leicas of Ham radios, but Ten-Tecs
are not far behind.  Their customer service is great even for decades
old equipment.
TenTec's may have good customer support, but you can't give a used one away,
where Collins sells at very premium levels 60 years after they have gone out
of production.  They do make a nice radio these days, but advertising suckes
at
getting their message out.  Also the cabinetry is very second class by
todays
standards.  The Orion, their premium radio, which is very top notch, $3500,
has a very low class, primative LCD display by todays standards.
Unfortunately, Collins, due to Rockwell management, bowed out of the ham
radio business
long ago.  A real bummer, since I work for them.

Gene