Subject: [Leica] Filter Info
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sat Mar 5 13:40:36 2005

Robert,

Kodachrome used to, maybe still does, come in daylight balanced and
"type A" film.  The type A was balanced to shoot under photoflood lights
which were 3400 degrees kelvin color temperature.  This is a less red
light than household incandescant lamps.  If you shot this film outdoors
the pictures would be very blue, but you could use the filter you have
and they would look the same as if shot with daylight film.  The filter
is also known as a #85 filter.  Type A film was always a little faster
so with the filter the exposure was the same as the daylight film.

I'm not sure it is much good with black and white film.

Mike D