Subject: [Leica] Re:Digital printing-what permanence?
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Thu Mar 3 21:30:01 2005

>From what I've been told from Epson and Ilford, this problem can be caused
by household cleaning products. Windex, bleach, pledge, etc is not inkjet
friendly. I've read where labs have ruined papers by storing them near
chemicals.

A UV Inkjet spray is supposed to help protect from this.

My first prints from my 2200 almost 3 years ago still hold up well. Glossy
and matte papers. One thing I did not like was Epson's Glossy compared to
Epson's Premium Glossy. Guess the regular glossy was made for dye based
inks? I also noticed that the Epson Archival paper had some slight yellowing
on the edges where the new Enhanced Matte does not after 2 years.

Here in New Orleans heat and humidity are problems almost all year round.

Chris
Non Leica Hard Info