Subject: [Leica] Digital printing-what permanence?
From: stasys1 at gte.net (Stasys Petravicius)
Date: Thu Mar 3 20:58:31 2005

Hi all- My wife handed me an image on 8 x 10 Epson glossy paper which I
printed 6/6/03. It was the first print out of my new Epson 2200. It's the
model with "permanent" ink. It had been laying flat with the image side up
on a bookshelf and nothing was on top of it.

The coating (resin or some plastic) is coming off like a blister and
pealing. It is blistering and peeling both on the non printed part of the
paper and the printed image.

Any ideas what may have caused it? It was not in a light window lit area,
but the room gets heated up and cooled off with the normal running of the
household heating system- gas. We do not keep the house real warm, and here
in Kalifornia by the ocean it is not often we heat- just some in the
evening.

Maybe the old non digital color prints that fade after about 25 years are
still the way to go?
Regards, Stasys

Replies: Reply from leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams) ([Leica] Re:Digital printing-what permanence?)