Subject: [Leica] Favorite lens & multiple bodies
From: mstoesz at wyoming.com (Mike Stoesz)
Date: Wed Mar 2 18:03:55 2005

I love the interesting responses to these questions and would like to
know what the most frequent subject matter is that is dictating the
choice of lens or body.

My pocket camera is quite often a 1934 Leica Standard with 28mm f/3.5
Canon or 50mm f/3.5 uncoated Elmar.  It is light weight, not bulky,
and quick to zone focus with either lens as I have my noon walk about
town. I photograph my friends and neighbors, interesting signs and
juxtapositions, visual humor.

My other frequent carry about outfit is a M-3 with 50mm f/2 col.
Summicron and a 90 f/4 Elmar in a pocket.

For about 10 years in the 1970's when I was a working PJ, I carried a
M2 with 35mm f/2.5 Nikkor and a 85mm f/1.8 Canon.  That outfit handled
about 90% of my needs except for sports.  Sometimes the extra lens was
carried in a pocket but most of the time it was on a Benser baseplate.
I would love to find another one of those someday.

Mike Stoesz
Laramie, Wy.