Subject: [Leica] Photos
From: Grduprey at aol.com (Grduprey@aol.com)
Date: Mon Feb 28 18:34:15 2005

In a message dated 2/27/2005 2:19:25 PM Central Standard Time,
r.s.taylor@comcast.net writes:
Gene - This is an interesting shot.  I like the detail you've
captured in the low doors and arches and the way the left tower fades
off in the mist.  Having shot quite a few pictures of this cathedral
myself, and not been very happy with the results, this one shows how
I might have done it.  Was it taken with a very wide lens?  21mm,
maybe?

(snip)
>http://www.leica-gallery.net/k1gd/image-80189.html

Thanks for the comment.  It was taken with my 24mm Elmarit R and my R8.
This
is such a massive structure, and it is indeed a tough subject to get on
film.
 I took about 2 rolls of it, and this so far is my favorite for the same
reasons, the detail and the tower fading into the mist.  I bought the 24
just
before leaving for Germany and Poland and this was its first real trial.  I
think
it was a good purchase.  Now to learn how to use it better.

Gene

Replies: Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] Photos)