Subject: [Leica] Speaking of Street Photography
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Sun Feb 27 14:56:57 2005

Okay, Peter - You asked. And I have to say - I don't think they are. I
do like the one of the sleeping guys - well the sleeping guy and the
sleeping feet. :-) I am drawn to the tonality, to the textures, to the
guy. It's an interesting photo and almost has an FSA quality to it. But
I see it more as a document of a situation, than as "street
photography." Street photography is, I think, almost a form of
performance art - look what I can pull from the passing crowd!

As to the other. Okay, it's a framer framed. But I find myself asking -
so what? Yes, it's a nice shot of a carpenter working - if one wants a
shot of a carpenter working. I also finding myself unsure whether the
church adds or detracts from the shot, and whether it might have been
better had it been framed from a different angle - still using the
framing to frame the guy.