Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG hams
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Sun Feb 27 13:41:32 2005

My HF rig is 25 years old, but my Leicas are all older!

Richard S. Taylor wrote:
> The LUG reminds me of nothing so much as ham radio with typing and, of
> course, the "Band" is always open world-wide.  Great fun, all around. :-))

It really does have that flavor, and the Lug IRC is even more similar.
The difference is that on ham radio the one thing that people have in
common is radio, so they tend to talk an awful lot about their radios.
Mailing lists and IRC are much more diverse in their topics so you can
always find someone with similar interests.

Mike D