Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG hams
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun Feb 27 11:35:57 2005

>"Don't know where this thread got started but I am KD4KWB, although
>a bit inactive lately.
>Mike D"

(snip)

Fellow Lug'er Hams - Blame it on Peter for mentioning having worked
Christmas Island.  Not to prolong this OT discussion unnecessarily,
but one of the funniest things I ever read on the LUG was the mention
of "real glass:" 813's, 6L6's, 6SN7's etc., a year or so ago.

I was first licensed in 1968, too, and built most of my own gear.
Even had a few articles published in 73 and QST.  Ah, *those* were
the days: nasty finger burns from those hot tubes, and gear that
might actually kill you if you made a wrong move.  ;-)  I still have
soldering iron scars on my fingers.

The LUG reminds me of nothing so much as ham radio with typing and,
of course, the "Band" is always open world-wide.  Great fun, all
around. :-))

--
73,

Dick