Subject: [Leica] Re: Is that so wrong?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sun Feb 27 08:11:18 2005

I don't think that is a very good comparison. Now if you had said a
writer
who couldn't spell or didn't understand grammar or story structure I
would have to
agree.

feli

On Feb 27, 2005, at 6:58 AM, Eric wrote:

> Feli:
>
>> I feel the same way about a lot of people I know who shoot with
>> heavily automated cameras and claim to be 'professional'
>> photographers, when they don't even know how to use a lightmeter, grey
>> card or understand the relationship between asa, shutter speeds and
>> aperture.
>
> A writer that uses a word processor instead of a quill and ink isn't a
> real
> author unless he understands all the ins and outs of a microprocessor
> and
> the software?
> The results should be what count.
>

> All other things being equal, I believe that somebody who knows the
> craft
> can create better results than somebody who doesn't.  In reality, all
> other
> things are *never* equal.

True, but there are a lot of naturally talented people who can be shown
up
by someone less gifted but better trained.

feli

feli2@earthlink.net                     2 + 2 = 4
www.elanphotos.com

Message from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Is that so wrong?)