Subject: [Leica] Is that so wrong?
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli)
Date: Sat Feb 26 18:06:50 2005

It's certainly becoming more common to see the PS approach.
If you look on something like photo.net, the vast majority of shots
are heavily manipulated. Nothing wrong with that, but to me it's just
not
a photograph anymore, but a graphic.

Personally I really dislike the attitude that a lot of shooters take
these days, of "oh, I'll just fix it later in PS".  Why not just shoot
it right the first time around? Somehow strikes me as, gasp- cheating.
It makes a lot of people look like they are far better photographers
than
they really are. I feel the same way about a lot of people I know who
shoot
with heavily automated cameras and claim to be 'professional'
photographers,
when they don't even know how to use a lightmeter, grey card or
understand
the relationship between asa, shutter speeds and aperture.

Photography as a craft is not what it used to be.

feli