Subject: [Leica] Re:Pictures, PJ, and art
From: leicachris at worldnet.att.net (Christopher Williams)
Date: Sun Feb 27 07:50:20 2005

Changing or adding to photographs has been around since photography was
born. Look at the Civil War, considered some of the earliest
"photojournalism" and allot of the images were faked since the photographer
got to the battlesite after it was over. Imagine that today, or maybe it
still happens.

As a wedding photographer, I never can understand when so many photographers
say they are a photojournalist wedding photographer. Then you see images
that have been heavy manipulated in PS. Color added to B&W, extreme soft
focus, etc.. Not exactly photojournalistic.

The PPA in New Orleans was a huge PS plug. PS is great don't get me wrong,
but to be dependent on changing all your images?

Chris