Subject: [Leica] Last film?
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed Feb 23 18:42:12 2005

I wouldn't be upset by any one film going away.  As long as a good triad
is available it really will not matter.  By triad I mean a good slow
film, a everyday medium speed emulsion, and a fast emulsion.  Currently
I find that Acros, Neopan 400 and Neopan 1600 serve my needs just fine.

I get along with APX 100, Pan F, Delta 400, Delta 3200, HP5, and APX
400.  I really do not get along with any Kodak emulsion but that is a
long political story that doesn't need to be told.  Obviously, if Tri-X
was the last film standing I would use that.

The members of this list have shown fabulous images from all kinds of
film.  It really is not the emulsion, it is the eye and the
craftsmanship in selecting developers and dilutions that make the image.

Besides, if we want film to be available, we should spend more time
pushing the shutter and less typing messages about film. :)

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Last film?)