Subject: [Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M'
From: pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig)
Date: Wed Feb 23 12:24:09 2005

Rick Dykstra wrote:
> Seems I'm backwards compatible too.  Should be 2006 of course.
>
> You buy $1000 of special issue M Digital shares and get a rebate of
> $1000 upon purchase when it's released.  Takers?
>

> On 23/02/2005, at 9:59 PM, Rick Dykstra wrote:
>
>> Would you?  If a share offer was announced, with the express purpose
>> of raising the money to design and introduce a Digital M body by
>> Photokina 96, would you be in it?  What would you like to see in the
>> prospectus and design brief?

Trouble is we don't have any idea of price, so can't judge the value of our
$1k
against product. As stated it's a loan to them where I get back my cash as
value
but loose out on the interest. You would need to add in three (??) years
compound interest at a meaningful rate, plus some real incentive to loan
them
the money, ie you've got to make it better for you than simply sticking it
in
the bank. So, if the discount on new kit is say $1250/$1k invested it starts
sound more interesting.

But then would you want to be committed to buying a DMB? What happens if the
company folds, or fails to meet its delivery date, etc etc...

Peter Dzwig

Replies: Reply from masonster at gmail.com (David Mason) ([Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M')
Reply from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M')
Message from rdcb37 at dodo.com.au (Rick Dykstra) ([Leica] 'Leica Customers Sponsor Digital M')