Subject: [Leica] Porsche and Leica
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed Feb 23 00:20:03 2005

I rather think not Howard, rather more like that photoshopped digital
combo that has been floating around over the last few days - I deleted
the messages with the URL.
Still the Cayenne sells well in some markets, to my great amazement.
The market for cars is mainly image and it is certainly true that
Porsche have found bigger markets by making softer more luxurious
models than the pure sports cars of yore. I suppose that most of the
people who can afford one want the sporty image not the sporty
qualities, otherwise not a single Cayenne woiuld have been sold (IMHO
of course!)
One can't knock the profitability, they have saved huge chunks by
cutting out all the non visible expensive engineering they used to have
making their current models the most profitable cars sold.
Frank

Frank