Subject: [Leica] Morgans
From: joseph at yao.com (Joseph Yao)
Date: Sun Feb 20 19:29:30 2005

William,

Sorry for the late reply.

I was living in the UK at the time and my Plus 8 was ordered through a
dealer there.  Even the UK waiting list was long in the late '80s/early
'80s.

Mine had a Rover 3.9 V8, although at the time of ordering it was a 3.5.  I
never kept the car - by the time it was available I had already moved to
Hong Kong, where the car would be subjected to 60% tax and there was also a
question if it would pass the emission test here.  In addition, it was also
the wrong car for our climate, with no air conditioning etc.

The recent discussion of Morgans has fuelled my interest in their cars
again.  I am not in a position to get an Aero 8, I am more interested in the
Plus 4 and the new Roadster V6 and I would love to hear your comments on
them.

Without an official dealer here it will be fun and tricky to bring one in,
not to mention about servicing.  I noted from the Morgan website they now
demand a despite of ?1,000.  I was only ?125 when I ordered my last one.

Bests,

Joseph

on 19/2/05 1:00 pm, William G. Lamb, III at lambroving@worldnet.att.net

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (joelct) ([Leica] Morgans)