Subject: [Leica] FLUG
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 20 10:47:03 2005

William G. Lamb, III suggested:
Subject: Re: [Leica] FLUG

> Hello Brian,
>
> You know how easy it is to set up a Mailman list. I think FLUG is a great
> idea. The mass of banter could move there and the LUG could be what the
> name suggests.
>
> Just a guess, but the 1,800? who DON"T post on the LUG because they prefer
> NOT to be abused my many of the "regulars" with keyboard diarrhea might
> actually post questions on Leica practice and technique. That topic would
> be hard to exhaust  in several lifetimes, right? We might even see a few
> more interesting Leica images too.<<<<<<,

Hi William,
Due to your suggestion I thought I'd change my ways and not discuss Leica
lenses to digital camera any longer, which I actually thought was an
interesting Leica topic for owners/users of Leica lenses. However.

Therefore returning purely to Leica topic, what do you think of the visual
difference between the Noctilux to the new 50 Summilux aspheric? And do you
feel this change and lens will improve the image and content of the
photographer's who use it?

It has always amazed me some people using non-Leica glass on their Leica
camera, heaven forbid. :-(  have never been able to capture equal quality of
content and excitement in the photograph displayed, when not using a Leica
lens. Do you have an opinion on this situation?

>>but the 1,800? who DON"T post on the LUG because they prefer
> NOT to be abused my many of the "regulars" with keyboard diarrhea <<

However, if it were not for the regulars who "Do give constant HOW TO
information and hard nose critiques, these reader only folks" wouldn't learn
much about "how to take and improve their pictures!"

If you find the present conversations not to your liking may I suggest you
go 6 years back into LUG archives and read every post to date and I'm sure
your appetite for things Leica Only will be fully sequansified!  But first
your opinion on the Leica lens situation 50mm Noctilux to 50mm new lens?
thank you
ted

Replies: Reply from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] FLUG)
Reply from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard) ([Leica] FLUG)