Subject: [Leica] Re:QUIET M7
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sun Feb 20 05:21:29 2005

F?lix L?pez de Maturana wrote:
> Some years ago the French magazine Chasseur d'Images run a test of the
> quieter camera ever built. They do not include -of course- any SLR.
> Using some sound laboratory gear the conclusion was the quieter camera
> built was a Konica Hexar -fixed lens- followed, shortly, by a M6. Both
> are in my arsenal but I do not agree. I thought the more silent camera
> is my Rolleiflex Planar 2.8. Right now I cannot confirm my impression as
> I have got severe audition problems, so practically I cannot hear none
> of them but my noisiest camera a Zenza Bronica S2A which sounds more or
> less like  "katacrochka..." every time is shooted. As here we use to say
> it awakes a dead man.

In some sense, the Leica M is the noisiest camera among the quiet ones.
Of the cameras I know well enough, the M6 is noisier than the Konica Hexar,
the Mamiya 7, the Rolleiflex TLR.  Glad to hear that the M7 is quieter, but
I have little interest in that particular model.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from feli2 at earthlink.net (Feli) ([Leica] Re:QUIET M7)