Subject: [Leica] Lee Miller exhibit in Copenhagen
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (nathan.wajsman@planet.nl)
Date: Sat Feb 19 22:49:46 2005

Yesterday I followed the suggestion from Ruben a couple of weeks ago
and drove to the Lee Miller exhibit at a beautiful old country house
north of Copenhagen, Gl. Holtegaard. Even though I have visited
Copenhagen countless times, I was not aware of this place. Lee
Miller's work is truly remarkable, and she was herself a truly
remarkable woman. It was especially interesting to see her
transformation from a fashion photographer to a photojournalist. No
Leica content as far as I can, but lots of Rolleiflex.

As an added bonus, at the same place there is also an exhibit called
Dali's Moustache--a series of photographs by Halsman of...Dali's
moustache! A great photographer and the greatest surrealist artist
came together to create something really special.

If anyone finds themselves in Copenhagen during the next few weeks, a
short car drive or train trip to this place is HIGHLY recommended.

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman
Almere, Netherlands
http://www.nathanfoto.com