Subject: [Leica] Leica Solms LUG LHSA Buyout
From: joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low)
Date: Sat Feb 19 17:18:12 2005

           Peter

           A fellow Leicaphile from the Southern Hemisphere informed me some
time ago that

           " the older Leicas ( LTM & M ) were the products of an older
German generation schooled
             in pride of work and grilled in tight quality control and a
relentless pursuit of excellence.

             The market too was hungry for such products and for a time it
was demand exceeding supply
             and Leica could afford the time and patience to work and fine
tune outputs.

             This was further enhanced by the end of WWII and the thrust to
industrialise. They were hungry for work.

             But another equally hungry and industrious nation was also
galvanized to manufacture and export - they
             copied, improved and innovated whilst Leica was quite happy to
rest on their laurels.

             The rest as they say is history. "

             Agree?

             Joseph Low