Subject: [Leica] LUG to the rescue
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Fri Feb 18 13:52:40 2005

Neil,
I have been trying for almost five months to buy a new Leica lens.
Unfortunately, they want to make 75 Summicrons instead of 50 Summilux
ASPH's.  I have a 75 Summilux so no dice there.

I'm with Mark, very, very soon I will join the DCanon brigade and the
Leica stuff will collect dust if I'm charitable, or go on the block if
I'm not.

Companies that make what they want, and not what their customers want
soon find their way to insolvency.

I suspect an Asian company like Cosina will buy the name in receivership
and make interesting things with the name and red dot.  Or, if the Zeiss
camera is real, then we will go that direction if we want film.
Possibly, the Zeiss/Cosina combine will make the digital M we have all
wanted and Leica will become just another Exacta, Miranda, Zeiss Ikon,
or some other company in the dustbin of history.

Cheers,

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com