Subject: [Leica] A Leica Business Plan
From: Afterswift at aol.com (Afterswift@aol.com)
Date: Fri Feb 18 06:44:52 2005

In a message dated 2/17/05 7:48:17 PM Pacific Standard Time,
lug-request@leica-users.org writes:
Leica made money on every one of the 65,000 CLs that Minolta made for them...
Designing, wholesaling and packaging and distributing and marketing isn't
manufacturing.
Yet there's enough Leica in a CL to make it a very good camera indeed, as
are
its lenses. Sure, Leitz made a profit on each CL, but the CL was
discontinued
after a few years for reasons I don't know. The meter system could have been
upgraded. But I make excellent images with my CL. And that's the bottom line.

The market isn't us. But a great company makes a market; as Steve Jobs did
with the Mac Mini. Leica has that opportunity by producing a digital M 35mm
format and a DSLR that can compete with the D70. Then they could sell their
non
pareil  lenses to really make profit.

Bob

Replies: Reply from lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda) ([Leica] A Leica Business Plan)