Subject: [Leica] I'm still scanning, yeah yeah yeah ;-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 15 21:19:46 2005

Alastair Firkin showed & said:

> The 15 super elmar does vignette a bit: I actually like it usually, and
> indeed I'm pleased with it in this image, where the central pillar becomes
> more dramatic. When i printed the b/w ones, I used some extra vignetting
> to emphasize this very feature. Thanks for looking<<<<<<,

Hi Alastair,
One of the best all time great lenses Leica produce. Not to mention, but it
happens to be my favourite lens when shooting travel assignments. Or I'm
squished for space or shooting interiors and you want to "make 'em look
really really big and lots of space! ;-)

One never has to fear competition with this lens, simply because if they
don't have an equal lens they're dead in the water! And the vignette? Hell
it's not worth mentioning simply because it's a bonus and saves one the
trouble of slightly burning down the sides all round! ;-)  OK it may not be
for everyone, but I make use of it all the time because it holds the viewers
eyes right to the photograph.

Very nice canyon shot for sure! And without the 15mm you'd never have had
it!   Well done mon ami. Good on you..

ted

Replies: Reply from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] I'm still scanning, yeah yeah yeah ;-))
Message from firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin) ([Leica] I'm still scanning, yeah yeah yeah ;-))