Subject: [Leica] Which 35mm 'cron or 'lux now pdf files
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Feb 12 03:58:15 2005

Leica has MTF curves available on the 35 LUX and the 28 Summicron.  The
28 and 35 can be found here:

http://www.leica-camera.com/produkte/msystem/objektive/weitwinkel/index_
e.html

The PDF's clearly show that the 28 is superior in the outer regions.  Of
course, at F1.4, there is only one applicant.

I believe that both lenses are very resistant to flare.

However, rather than worry about line pairs, ask yourself if you are
comfortable shooting very close to people or prefer vast spatial
separation.  If so then the move to 28 is called for.  On the other side
of the debate is the preference for a multi-purpose lens: one that can
both be normal and wide angle.  For this application the 35 is the
better choice.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com