Subject: [Leica] A few new shots
From: neal at nairobisafari.com (Neal Friedenthal)
Date: Thu Feb 10 18:05:41 2005

>Well now you see my comments were directly at how the picture looked and
>what could have been produced. My comments had absolutely nothing to do
>with
>this lady being your wife!

>If as you recall, some folks like to have comments and critiques about what
>they've posted, if this was not your case my deepest apologies and if the
>opportunity should a rise in the future please be assured I shall pass.
>Thank you.

>regards,
>ted

Ted,

I don't mind comments or criticism, what I was trying to explain, perhaps
not too well, why I took the shot that I did.  I see and appreciate the
angle that you suggested, but while taking the picture I
rejected it.  You were right the light could have been used to produce a
much more striking image and I did try it with another exposure;

 http://www.photoneal.com/photos/photos_05/dia20D.jpg

I did miss it here slightly, should have gone for a slightly wider shot. The
other thing is that the shot of Diane was not one of the shots that I high
lighted in my original posting.  Anyway is it somehow not
permitted to answer criticism or to explain why something was done.

Phong,

I do welcome comments and criticism and I usually agree with most of them,
but if I feel that those comments are wrong or off base I reserve the right
to challenge them or to try to explain my view.
Perhaps I came on too strong to Ted's comments for that I apologize, but as
he said he was ranting so I ranted back.  This is a problem with things on
line, feedback is not that immediate, facial
expressions can't be seen or read, and it is hard to gauge the tone of
voice.  I agree in general and appreciate what Ted said, I tried to explain
why I didn't do what Ted suggested and it came off
wrong. Believe me I respect his opinion as I do most of the people who post
here, that doesn't necessarily mean that I always agree with them.

Neal F

Replies: Reply from phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong) ([Leica] A few new shots)