Subject: [Leica] Im slow - Canon digi + Leica
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Thu Feb 10 07:20:14 2005

Tina Manley wrote:
> At 07:25 AM 2/10/2005, you wrote:
> >Ted, I am a little surprised that you went this route,  KISS would have
> >tossed the Leica lenses and go with the Canon ones.  I am curious
> >on what makes you prefer using the Leica lenses on Canon bodies.
>
> I'm not Ted ;-)   But the reason I'm using the Leica lenses with
> the Canon
> is because I have them!  I'm not about to go out and buy the prime lenses
> by Canon that I already have by Leica.  My three favorite ones to use on
> the Canon are the 100 Macro, the 80/1.4, and the 19 and those aren't
> available by Canon anyway.

Thanks Tina.
It makes sense.  I was coming from the other end, where I had both
Canon and Leica lenses, and much as I loved the Leica lenses,
in the end., it was much simpler for me to just use Canon lenses.
Not easy to give up the 100 Macro Elmarit and 70-80 Apo Vario
Elmarit, I can tell you that.  Nor the 19mm if I had it, I suppose.

- Phong