Subject: [Leica] Happy Tet !
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Feb 9 17:11:11 2005

> and I can't find references via google!) that a researcher at CalTech or
> something showed that at the start of the Chinese calendar around the New
> Year, there was a spectacular planetary conjunction with the new moon. The
> event is very rare and the author surmises that it made such a strong
> impression on the ancient Chinese that they fixed the calendar on the
> event!

I bet it was a planetary thing.
To the tune of all life on earth wiped out but a few remain to start a new
....  Generation.

My local Leica Vietnamese friends told me that Vietnamese people follow the
Chinese calendar.

Strange as they are millenniums long enemies!

But how can you hold a war if the armies show up at the wrong dates!

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/