Subject: [Leica] Easy way to set white balance on digital cameras.
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Tue Feb 8 18:23:11 2005

Brian,
The Expodisc is a sandwich of an array of lens to attract a wide cone of
light then a carefully white balanced diffuser (think of a white piece
of lexan) carefully calibrated to be as neutral as possible.  It works
as an incident meter and an absolutely neutral gray card.

Therefore, in strange light, you can set your white balance very
quickly.  You can also take a blank frame to help with batch processing.
You have a absolutely neutral capture so you can bring that frame into
balance, all frames shot in the same lighting will respond to the same
adjustment.

The device speeds up work flow, and is neutral unlike a Styrofoam cup.

0.02

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com