Subject: [Leica] speaking of resolution
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Feb 8 16:40:14 2005

George Lottermoser offered:

> Speaking resolution, digital and film, it would seem that film will "rule"
> as long as you have enough of it. They've got a long way to go before they
> approach this:
> <http://www.gigapxl.org/gallery-BalboaPond.htm>
> <http://www.gigapxl.org/gallery-Oceanside.htm><<<<<,

Hi George,

yer a meany!!! ;-)

Now all my wonderful feelings about the 20D and resolution, along with other
high-end digital hand held cameras have just been vaporized by these two
scenes!  Damn I'm going to cry, I want one!!!!  ;-)

Amazing what the future holds for digital cameras and hand held users,
obvious not as incredible as this machine. But the magic of improvements to
come appear endless.

Something like reaching for the stars, we can see them, we just haven't
figured out how to get there yet. But it's sure coming and some day digital
will surpass film for resolution and quality of reproduction when you see
this kind of imageary.

ted.

Replies: Reply from joelct at singnet.com.sg (Joseph Low) ([Leica] speaking of resolution)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] speaking of resolution)