Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 6, Vuescan?
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Mon Feb 7 16:49:38 2005

At 07:45 PM 2/7/2005, you wrote:
>You're no worse off than if you were printing dusty and scratched negatives
>using conventional methods.  Except that you only have to "spot" your scan
>once and then make perfect prints time after time after time.
>
>Eric

Thank you, Eric.  You do restore my expectations to normal by reminding me
that I could be spending all of this time in the darkroom.  And I
have!!  I've printed all of these negatives in the darkroom with much
spotting and dodging and burning.  It is much easier here in the computer
and, it's true, I only have to do it once!  I'll try to remind myself of
that every time I click on the clone stamp or the healing brush.  Now I
just have to figure out if I get better basic scans with Vuescan or Nikon
Scan.  So far, I think Nikon Scan is winning.

Thanks -

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com