Subject: [Leica] Re: C41 film development in Podunk, USA
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Feb 5 09:22:33 2005

Keith:

>Why not process C41 film at home?

Not necessarily in this order, but these are the reasons I can think of for
not doing it myself:

temperature control--I don't have a setup to maintain the temperature as
precisely as C41 demands

toxicity & storage--I don't have a space to safely store the additional
chemicals I'd need for color, and they're nastier than the ones for just B&W
processing

(lack of) volume--my understanding is that it's not that economical to
process low volumes.  I probably shoot one roll of color a month on
average...probably not even that much.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/