Subject: [Leica] 75 'cron
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Sat Feb 5 07:49:30 2005

Scott McLoughlin
> Presumably size and focal length.  A small, fast 75 f2 would nicely
> complement a 35 f2 or f1.4.  Folks might find a 75 a more convenient
> general purpose shooter than a 90.  Sure, why not?

I can think of 2 reasons:
Because Leica has bigger holes in the product line
they direly need to fill; the biggest one(s) being a digital
offering for both M and R that complement the film
products.

Because Leica cannot afford a  slow selling product.
My reading of their financial situation is that Leica's
resources are very limited.

I personally would enjoy a 75mm f2,  especially now that
we have the Bessa R23/R3a with the dedicated 75mm
frame line.  (I am assuming that the rangefinder base is
long enough for 75mm at f2, at close range).
Using a 75mm lens on a Leica M body is distracting,
if you are also use a 50mm lens regularly because the
50/75 frame lines are paired together.

- Phong

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] 75 'cron)