Subject: [Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)r
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Feb 3 07:36:07 2005

At 05:28 AM 2/3/2005, I wrote:
 >In my memory this mosque is very blue, but I suspect that the second
photo is closer to the true color.  I have other photos of this
mosque >that I'll scan later.  I think it looks blue in those, but my
memory may be playing tricks on me.

I scanned a Kodachrome that shows the mosque and more.  The first one is a
straight scan with no color adjustments.  You can see that it has just
rained and there is a very blue cast to the sky and everything:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39349039

This is after using the PhotoKit Gray Balance:
http://www.pbase.com/tinamanley/image/39349055

The blue one does look more like I remember Baghdad looking after a rain
but it's not very realistic, more impressionistic!

This is downtown Baghdad with the 28 April Shopping Center named for Saddam
Hussein's birthdate and the Information Ministry behind it that was
destroyed by bombing.  I think the mosque was not damaged.

The Gray Balance software is great for correcting memories ;-)

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] My attitude about Colo(u)r)