Subject: [Leica] Question about Canon
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Wed Feb 2 08:37:18 2005

Yes I heard about this, some good some bad things.

These were not necessarily functions that I couldn't do without, or at least
never found myself thinking "why can't the camera do this".
On the 20D there are dozens of options where I'm still trying to find out
when I
might need to use them, so far I've found that, if you point it in the right
direction and press the shutter release, it (and the D-Rebel) make a very
reasonable job of recording just what I expected and wanted.
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but has anyone else noticed that
there's a
helluva lot more on the digital file than what you saw in the viewfinder. Of
course this is the same with most film SLRs - it's just that the delay
between
shooting and viewing is so short now that it becomes more obvious.
Douglas

BTW the cheapest D-rebel (300D) seems to be at Royal Photo ($574  with the,
very
much underrated, 18-55 zoom lens)
http://www.pricearrow.com/WebUsers/Product.aspx?pid=20808326   for a couple
of