Subject: [Leica] Re: LUG Digest, Vol 29, Issue 122
From: simon.ogilvie at gmail.com (Simon Ogilvie)
Date: Wed Feb 2 04:55:46 2005

The Van Gogh point is interesting.  I saw a documentary once about
Monet (I think) that showed the gradual change in the colour palet the
artist used over time as he aged.  The explanation was that the artist
had a gradually increasing eye disorder that made him see colours
differently, and he reproduced what he saw in his paintings, probably
subconciously.  I know my dad sees greens and blues differently from
the rest of my family (and always has), so who's to say that one
preson's interpretation of colours in a scene is more "correct" than
anothers?

<fs: lights blue touch paper and retires...> :-)

Simon.